Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finders But Not Necessarily Keepers

I've always been good at finding things. When I was a child growing up in Arizona I would often find old Indian arrowheads lying on the ground or wheat back pennies, which I collected like mad, in an old jar of coins. This penchant for finding things continued as I grew older and realized, more and more, how much I value being a modern woman living vintage.


Not only is it a great feeling to find something stylish and unique at a flea market or a thrift store, it is also so wonderful to realize what you wear and own has a history. Just where is it that this dress has been?


And of course it is also easy on the environment. Heck, you can even feel good about shopping vintage in that love the earth way!


For a long time I assumed that everyone is good at finding things since it's always come so easily to me. In the past few years, however, I've learned that this simply isn't true.


I have many friends and also a husband who walk into a thrift store and are overwhelmed by the sheer volume. They simply cannot find that golden needle in the haystack, that one encrusted with Bakelite and jewels.


If you are one of those people, gentle reader, or even if you are also a vintage finding hound, please do stop by Curious Knopf Vintage. Na denn, bis bald! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment