Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Thing About Dirndls

Anyway who has taken a peek at my shop knows I have a thing for dirndls. Although the ones listed there are, of course, for sale, I did give in to temptations and keep Linkseveral for myself. Why dirndls? Here are my reasons.

Dirndls are for so much than just Oktoberfest. Actually, when I see one worn in full apron Bavarian glory I almost get offended. ;) They are both sweet and sassy, both innocently girly and super sexy. They fit well. If you have a boyish figure they make you look more curvy. If you have a curvy figure, they hide the spots that are maybe just a little bit too curvy.

They are also made of such beautiful materials. Soft cotton, raw silk, linen. The bodice is always lined often with a funky retro cloth or a brilliantly white cotton. And the pewter buttons are oh-so-cute for sure.


In fact, the only complaint I have about dirndls is the little "gap" that so many of them have underneath the bodice. If worn with an apron, you would never notice, but worn without the gap needs to be either pinned or sewn shut as it will flap open. But why is it even there in the first place? My theory: easy access. You can't get sassier than that!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I'm always on the look out for pretty dresses like these at the thrift store.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete