Sunday, November 6, 2011

A New Look For Curious Knopf

As of last Monday I'm renting a small basement room so I can expand my vintage clothing shop (and also better store items from my photography shop.) I've been running the shop out of my apartment but our place is not that big and we have literally no storage space (why have they never heard of closets in Berlin?!?!) so for over a year vintage clothing has been literally coming out of our ears....

The room is a ten minute walk from my apartment and part of a juggling school/shop so I've already seen lots of amazing circus acts when I've been working there. The light was a big problem though and hanging the gray backdrop in just the right way was also a big challenge. A few days ago I started to despair when I thought I was going to have to shell out big bucks for studio equipment and those are big bucks I definitely don't have.


But then I found some great information on how to set up a photo studio on a budget from things you find at the hardware store (if you can read German, check out the article here.) I need to do a little bit of tweaking (still need to build that styrofoam tower to reduce the shadows...) but I think they turned out ok. And it all cost me way less than a 100 Euros which is even better. I'm going to be expanding Curious Knopf a whole heck of a lot in the coming months, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment