Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Melodies: California Dreaming

Just about everybody knows the Mama's and the Papa's song California Dreaming, but in my opinion Bobby Womack does the song so much better. He's got such a fabulous voice and you can just feel the longing. The song is also "aktuell" for me, as they say here in Germany, because I will be going home to California for a three week visit on Wednesday. Although I love my life here in Berlin, I still do miss a lot of things about NorCal, Californiaese for Northern California, especially the ocean. Oh yeah, and my family. ;) Anyway, here is Womack singing to some great vintage California footage. Enjoy!



p.s. I'll definitely be thrifting when I'm there, so stayed tuned for some of my great vintage Golden State finds!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have fun on your trip back home! My boyfriend is originally from the Bay Area and we will be traveling back there in a few months for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete