Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Singing, Vintage, Photography, Oh My!


I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on my blog before, but besides running my vintage clothing store, Curious Knopf, I also am a hobby photographer with my brand new spanking shop, Augenblick Photo where I sell prints of my work. I don't really expect the shop to be a big success (actually, I would be happy to sell just one photograph) but it's nice to have a place where I can gather some of the images that moved me.

I also am a classically trained singer, but my heart really lies in jazz. For the past 6 months I've been working together with a Brazilian guitarist in a duo where we perform some jazz standards, bossa nova, German cabaret and even a bit of Mexican mariachi. We recorded a few songs about six weeks ago, one of which is in the video below with photographs from my shop as well as some personal shots. The recording isn't the absolute best because the tracks were laid down separately and it's actually important we perform together. Plus I get a tiny bit off key a few times. Yikes! But modest disclaimers are for the birds. Take a look and listen for yourself and see what you think. :)


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so jealous of people who can sing. I've played guitar for many years and I pretend that I can sing as well, but you REALLY have it! :)

    ReplyDelete